(skip this header)

Fairfield Citizen

Saturday, November 01, 2014

fairfieldcitizenonline.com Businesses

« Back to Article

Firefighters dispatched to Garden Court gas leak

Published 5:30 pm, Monday, August 18, 2014
  • A gas company technician, center, checks the street shut-off in front of a Garden Court house where a gas line to the dwelling began leaking Monday. Looking on are, from left, Assistant Fire Chief Schuyler Sherwood, Lt. Lee Corbo, and Firefighters Andy Darrow and Brian Madia. Photo: Fairfield Fire Department / Fairfield Citizen
    A gas company technician, center, checks the street shut-off in front of a Garden Court house where a gas line to the dwelling began leaking Monday. Looking on are, from left, Assistant Fire Chief Schuyler Sherwood, Lt. Lee Corbo, and Firefighters Andy Darrow and Brian Madia. Photo: Fairfield Fire Department

 

Larger | Smaller
Email This
Font
Page 1 of 1

A Garden Court house was evacuated when gas began leaking from a broken line at the two-unit dwelling about midday Monday.

Firefighters called to the scene about 12:50 Monday discovered that gas was leaking from a break in the line on the street side of the meter. The lines leading into the house showed signs of rust, indicating they may have become compromised, according to the initial assessment of the incident.

After firefighters from Companies 2, 3 and 5 were dispatched to the scene, a repair crew from Southern Connecticut Gas was called to site to assist in shutting off the gas feed to the house from the street.

No injuries were reported and the scene was cleared by fire units about 2:20 p.m.