(skip this header)

Fairfield Citizen

Monday, July 28, 2014

fairfieldcitizenonline.com Businesses

« Back to Article

Remains of gunman claimed for burial

Published 12:57 am, Monday, December 31, 2012
Larger | Smaller
Email This
Font
Page 1 of 1

Associated Press

HARTFORD -- The body of the man who killed 26 people at a Connecticut elementary school has been claimed for burial.

State Medical Examiner Wayne H. Carver II told the Hartford Courant the remains of Adam Lanza were claimed several days ago by someone who wanted to remain anonymous.

A spokeswoman at Carver's office told The Associated Press she could not release details about the status of Lanza's remains.

The 20-year-old Lanza killed 20 first-graders and six educators at the Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14. He also killed his mother in their Newtown home before going on the rampage and then committing suicide.

A private funeral was held earlier this month in New Hampshire for his mother, Nancy Lanza.

Police have not offered a motive for the killings.