(skip this header)

Fairfield Citizen

Saturday, March 28, 2015

fairfieldcitizenonline.com Businesses

« Back to Article

Sofa fire damages Fairfield home

Connecticut Post
Updated 9:14 am, Wednesday, January 2, 2013



Larger | Smaller
Email This
Page 1 of 1

FAIRFIELD -- A fire that apparently began in a sofa spread through a Farmstead Hill Road home Tuesday night.

DoingItLocal.com reported that when fireifghters pulled up to 133 Farmstead Hill Road just after 9:30 p.m. they found heavy smoke and fire pushing out of the front of the home.

"The damage is extensive to the home", Assistant Chief George Gomola told the web site. The open floor plan allowed the fire to spread quickly through the house, Gomola said. Firefighters cut a hole through the roof to ventilate and prevent the fire from burning through the attic. There were no injuries to the two people at home when the fire broke out or to firefighters.