A survivor of a deadly crash on River Road in Shelton earlier this month has a long road to recovery ahead of her, according to a GoFundMe campaign set up to help cover the cost of her medical bills.

Late at night on Feb. 9, two vehicles collided on River Road and caused a closure to a section of the roadway for about eight hours.

Lily Pirulli, 20, of Monroe, and Adrian Miles, 31, of Ansonia, were killed in the crash.

Thousands of dollars were raised for Pirulli’s family via GoFundMe. She was the daughter of a Bridgeport police officer.

The two other occupants of the same vehicle Pirulli and Miles were in — 26-year-old Meghan Nealy and 30-year-old Rakiem Reid — were injured.

Nealy was initially in critical condition, while Reid was treated and released.

The driver of the other vehicle was treated by medics at the scene.

A GoFundMe campaign was set up for Nealy’s medical bills on Feb. 12, just days after the major crash. The creators of the fundraiser were Sharon Rhoton and Amanda Nealy.

According to the page, the father of Nealy’s daughter was killed in the Shelton crash that left Nealy with “injuries that she will have to deal with the rest of her life.”

At the time the fundraiser was created, Nealy was in the intensive care unit at the hospital. Her family was told she would remain in the ICU for at least a month, the fundraiser said, with extensive rehab to follow.

“The future is uncertain at this time, but there has been mention of paralysis from Meghan’s team of doctors,” the GoFundMe said. “We will know more when she is able to wake up.”

The GoFundMe, the creators wrote, is intended to provide support for Nealy.

“Meghan has a long road of recovery,” the creators said.

As of Friday night around 8:30 p.m., 215 donors have raised $15,450 through the GoFundMe for Nealy.

In an update on Feb. 15, Rhoton said Nealy was “all settled” at a hospital in Hartford, where she remained on ECMO — a system that provides prolonged cardiac and respiratory support to someone whose heart and lungs are unable to provide enough on their own.

“They say she is tolerating it well and heave started to wean her oxygen down,” Rhoton said in the update. “They are unsure how long she will have to remain on it, but they are trying to let her lungs heal.”

Rhoton said the doctors indicated Nealy will have to stay on the ventilator after, then doctors will wean her off of that as well.

A wound to her leg from the crash was handled by the trauma team at the hospital, Rhoton said, adding that it might require a graft in the future.

In another update on Feb. 18, Rhoton said Nealy remained on the ventilator and said it was unclear how long she would be on it “due to the damage to her lungs.”

Rhoton said there has been no movement in Nealy’s legs and minimal movement in her arms.

“She will wake up and look at us, responds to our questions and is showing emotion,” Rhoton said. “But she remains ‘critically stable.’ She has a lot of internal healing to go.”