OXFORD — Oxford firefighters handled a situation with a propane tank leak earlier this week, officials said Wednesday.

Monday night, the fire department dispatched firefighters to a report of a gas leak on Hogsback Road. When firefighters arrived, they found a leak coming from propane tank valve, which had been hit by a pickup truck.

“Crews quickly took precautions to ensure safety for everyone on scene and began working to stop the leak,” officials said.

Once the leak was dealt with, firefighters safely burned off the excess gas in the tank.