NAUGATUCK — Two residents were displaced after a fire burned through a Hillside Avenue home Monday.

Firefighters were called to the 200 block around 12:45 p.m. for a structure fire in progress.

When crews arrived, the fire was on a porch on the home’s second floor, but quickly spread into the interior and third floor, fire officials said.

“Crews established water supply and stretched hand lines to make an attack on the fire,” the Naugatuck Fire Department said in a Facebook post.

Approx. 12:45 today NFD was dispatched to the area of the 200 block of Hillside Ave. for the report of a structure fire....

Posted by Naugatuck Fire Department on Monday, September 21, 2020

Crews were called in from Waterbury, Middlebury and Beacon Falls to assist.

“The fire became stubborn to fight because of hidden void spaces within the older home,” Naugatuck fire officials said.

Firefighters were forced back out of the home to battle the flames from the exterior, then regained control and went back inside to extinguish the fire.

The fire did not result in any injuries, fire officials said.

The residents, both adults, were given comfort packages with toiletries and information on recovering from a fire by the Connecticut Red Cross, the organization said.

Property records show the three-story multi-family home was built in 1907. It was last sold in 2007, records show.