FAIRFIELD — More than three weeks have passed since Christopher Andrews was shot and killed in his Mountain Laurel Road driveway by a Fairfield police officer.

Andrews, 51, was killed after he refused Officer Sean Fenton’s orders to stop and drop the knife he was holding in the early-morning hours of Feb. 16, according to initial police reports.

The New York City lawyer had allegedly attacked his wife and three children with a baseball ball and knife during the violent domestic disturbance, sending all four to local hospitals with a range of traumatic force and stabbing injuries.

The public information office of the State Police reported Thursday there are no updates to release, and the case remains under investigation. State Police detectives are conducting the probe for the State’s Attorney’s Office in Stamford, because of the Fairfield officer’s role in the fatal shooting.

Autopsy results are also still pending further investigation, according to the state Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.

Kathleen Andrews, the 50-year-old wife of Christopher Andrews, and their 15-year-old son and 13-year-old daughter have been released from the hospitals, while the youngest — a 12-year-old boy who suffered the most severe injuries — has been transferred from Yale-New Haven Hospital to Gaylord Rehabilitation Center in Wallingford.

A private funeral service was held in New York City for Christopher Andrews.

Police Chief Gary MacNamara said Thursday the department’s own internal investigation into Fenton’s actions during the Feb. 16 incident is continuing. However, he said, “It won’t be fully completed until the conclusion of the state’s investigation.”

Fenton remains on paid administrative leave, according to the chief.

Police received a 911 call about the incident about 6 a.m. Feb. 16 from the daughter at the family’s white ranch house on Mountain Laurel Road. According to earlier police reports, the oldest son was asleep in his bed when he was awakened by his father, wielding a bat.

A Freedom of Information to police for release of a recording of that call has been denied, pending completion of the investigation.

The teenager was able to wrestle the bat away from his father, police had indicated, and ran out of the house.

The teen was outside, as was his father, when Fenton arrived on the scene and was confronted by the older man, police said.