Bigelow's new logo suits Fairfield HQ to a 'tea'
Steeped in research and marketing for almost two years, Bigelow Tea has a new logo -- and debuted the "refreshed" look for its specialty tea brands on the side of its Fairfield headquarters building.
The new Bigelow headquarters logo -- featuring a teapot in place of the "O" in the family name -- is perhaps the most prominent display of what the company calls a "packaging refresh" on its tea products that will begin rolling out to stores across the nation.
The company has added many tea varieties to its portfolio since Ruth Campbell Bigelow first brewed "Constant Comment" tea in her Fairfield home and brought it to market in 1945. Today, the family-owned business employs 330 people at its facilities in Fairfield, Idaho and Kentucky.
Bigelow makes 1.6 billion tea bags annually, the company said in a press release.
The new logo and packaging, according to Cindi Bigelow, the company president and CEO, was designed because, "We feel it's a fun way to express who we are as a company. We are passionate about tea and our consumers."
But, she added, "After nearly 70 years, our family tea recipes continue to delight consumers so we'd never think of changing them."
Bigelow Tea, with headquarters at 201 Black Rock Turnpike, markets more than 120 varieties of flavored, traditional, green, organic, herbal, decaffeinated and iced teas, including its flagship specialty tea flavor, Constant Comment.
In 2003, the company purchased and restored the Charleston Tea Plantation on Wadmalaw Island south of Charleston, S.C. The property is America's original tea plantation, according to the company, and cultivates several hundred thousand tea bushes that are descendants of bushes brought from China during the 1700s.
For more information about Bigelow Tea and its products, check the website, www.bigelowtea.com