FAIRFIELD — Police said five people — one of them just 15 years old — arrested after a pursuit and crash in a stolen car early Monday morning are tied to other thefts in the area.

According to Lt. Robert Kalamaras, contents found inside the crashed car led to the discovery of several thefts from motor vehicles in the Henderson Road area, and a Mercedes Benz that was stolen from Cedar Road. The car was stolen out of Waterbury, where some of the suspects live.

The incident unfolded just after 4 a.m., when an officer on patrol spotted a suspicious vehicle on Westway Road. When the officer began to investigate, the car began driving at a high rate of speed down Old South Road. As the officer was westbound on Pequot Avenue, the suspects’ car swerved into his lane, crossing the center line and hitting the police cruiser head-on.

Three men got out of the car and fled, while two women stayed in the car and were immediately taken into custody.

A Westport police dog responded to the scene and led officers to the area of Westford Drive. After setting up a perimeter, the three suspects were located and taken into custody.

The department’s Crash Reconstruction Unit is investigating the collision with the police car. The officer received minor injuries.

The driver of the car, identified as Jose Diaz, 19, was charged with risk of injury to a minor and criminal attempt at first-degree assault. He was also issued summons for reckless driving, failure to rive in the proper lane, evading with injury and no license. He was being held in lieu of $20,000 bond.

Diaz, Joseph Frazier, 20, Averie Reyes, 20, Jamine Stith, 20, and the 15-year-old were all charged with third-degree burglary, conspiracy to commit third-degree burglary, first-degree larceny, conspiracy to commit first-degree larceny, second-degree larceny, sixth-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit sixth-degree larceny.

Frazier was also charged with interfering with an officer, and he was being held in lieu of $10,000 bond.

Stith’s bond was set at $10,000, while Reyes was held in lieu of $2.500 bond. The juvenile was transferred to a Hartford juvenile detention center and given a court date of Oct. 29.

The others are all scheduled to appear in state Superior Court in Bridgeport on Oct. 16.

greilly@ctpost.com; 203-842-2585