Fairfield's Tuesday checklist: Schools still closed; more trains -- and snow
The warmer-weather trend following the weekend blizzard continues today in Fairfield and the rest of southwestern Connecticut, with sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-40s.
The relatively balmy conditions should help with the continuing storm cleanup in advance of possible snow -- potentially, 2 to 4 inches -- on Wednesday night.
Here's a Tuesday checklist of what to expect in the snow storm's aftermat
- Fairfield municipal offices, Fairfield Public Library are open.
- Fairfield public schools remain closed Tuesday.
- The town's trash transfer station and recycling center on One Rod Highway are open.
- Fairfield University classes, activities resume 9:30 a.m. Tuesday; 8 a.m. classes cancelled.
- Sacred Heart University classes remain cancelled Tuesday; offices reopen.
- Bus service is expected to resume Tuesday by Greater Bridgeport Transit on routes cleared. Check here for updates: http://www.gogbt.com
Fairfield public works crews continue plowing operations around town, and remind residents of the town policy on plowing, which can be found here: http://bit.ly/10zsQKD